Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th

For the 4th of July this year me, Eric, Calvin and my parents and my sister Amy and her family all went to Bend, OR. We had a blast in the heat! The morning of the 4th the kids were in the cutiest parade. They do a Pet Parade downtown Bend every 4th. Kids decorate bikes and wagons or just walk with their pets along the two main streets in Bend. We saw a lot of stuffed pets (which is the kind of pets our kids had), dogs, and even chickens. The kids loved it!



Here we are in the parade...of course Calvin only walked for a few steps before he wanted to be held.




Here are my parents and the cousins together.


After the parade we walked down to an art fair and found some lunch. It was so hot! All we wanted to do was go jump in the pool!!! So that's exactly what we did.



Me and my hubby!



My boys playing in the shade.




The night of the 4th we went out to grab a pizza. We went to a great NY Pizza place and ordered a 24 inch pie.....it was HUGE!!! But really good.

3 comments:

The Hammond Holler! said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You look great too!!

The Days said...

Oh my word Calvin is so BIG! I swear we need to see you guys more. It looks like you had tons of fun and lucky for me, I get to see you all in less than a month! woohoo.
Joelle

Patrick and Emily said...

The one of the 3 of you in the pool is a cute family picture!!!