Thursday, July 2, 2009

2:00:08

Yes, I managed to do another half marathon. Why???.....I seriously questioned that on many occasions. That is until I crossed the finnish line, grabbed my jamba juice and took a long hard breath. Nothing feels better then running until you think you cannot go anymore and then pushing an extra 3 miles. This year was not my fastest time....8 stupid seconds over 2 hours....YUCK! But I have no one to blame but myself. I have run this course before so I knew there would be hills but I didn't train for them. Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it now. And the important thing is that I finished and I finished strong. Emily (who ran this with me last year) was at the finish line with my family. She managed to take the beautiful marching picture of me :) I missed her this year.....it was lonely without her and I'm sure she would have pushed me that extra bit to finish under 2 hours. She promised me that next year she wont be pregnant!!! 



Here we all are at the end of the race....sweat and all. Meagan, Traci (who ran with a fracture and is now in a leg brace), Kim, me, and even my sister-in-law Amber made it in from Denver to run!


My marching finish..... I hate running pictures they always look awful.

2 comments:

Patrick and Emily said...

Great photographer! ;) I can't believe your finish time was over 2 hours; I could have sworn I saw 1:58 when you crossed. I think you got robbed!! Great job, and no, I won't be pregnant next year. The question is....will you be??

The Lowe Girl said...

You Rock! I love how you all are running together--what a great organizer you are!

About Emily's comment--I seem to remember something about a window??? :) You look great and your little guy is growing up so cute! Love seeing you guys!