Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Evidence Left Behind

As a Mother of a toddler I start to get a little bit worried when I'm upstairs without said toddler for an extended period of time (10+ minutes) and I don't hear yells of "mom let me show you something." Or the sound of little feet running up the stairs and down the hallway toward my room. So sure enough my suspicions were correct that Calvin was in something he shouldn't be yesterday evening. As I walked down the stairs into the kitchen this is the scene I encounter.



Calvin had taken his step stool from the bathroom and placed it in front of the counter. But what was most puzzling was the empty ziploc bag that laid on top of the stool. It took me a few seconds to realize that an entire loaf of sourdough bread once lived in that ziploc. So the hunt began......."where is the bread Calvin?"


"On table." So here it was...on the dinning room table with lots of little bites taken out of it.



Yep...he was caught! I guess he was hungry. I now realize that my little boy is getting too tall and too smart. I have to start hiding the good stuff :)

1 comment:

The Hammond Holler! said...

That is so cute! At least it was bread...I've had that same problem but it was a bag of cookies!?